Version 3.1 Available
Version 3.1 is released today (09/18/2008), and the trial version is also upgraded to the 3.1 version.
The focus of this major update is to eliminate all reported bugs as well as making design/behavioral changes to the software to improve usability.
There are a total of 39 bug fixes, 23 minor feature additions, and 32 design changes in this update.
Version 3.1 Release Note
- [x] [control dll] Admin Control Panel -> User Registration -> Group To Join Drop down hover over IE bug.
- [x] [control dll; logic dll] Checkbox style custom reg field not shown; add an optional search for checkbox style field.
- [x] [control dll] iphone popup issue.
- [x] [control dll] ReadTrackTread function causing Argument 'Date1' cannot be converted to type 'Date' error.
- [x] [logic dll] Guest's default theme and language setting does not follow the values in web.config.
- [x] [logic dll] empty forum filter bad word filter causing multiple **** in subscription notification.
- [x] [logic dll] Fix download count issues for messages with more than one attachment.
- [x] [logic dll] Fix bad word filter: ignorecase option added.
- [x] [logic dll] copy paste causing space between words lost in Firefox.
- [x] [logic dll] searchable forum ID in the search page returns error if there is no subscribed forum.
- [x] [logic dll; sp, template; ln] disallowed guest download -> attached images show broken Red X.
- [o] [Template] Signature field shows image even if image code is disabled.
- [x] [Template] Search form does not strip <, causing 500 server error.
- [x] [Template] last update column displays incorrect date value for messages require moderation.
- [x] [Template] speed option: don't show avatar option has no effect.
- [x] [Template] image inside a message still shows when the feature is disabled at the forum level.
- [x] [Template] join requirements date not working + textbox length issue.
- [x] [Template; control dll] Forum Link not open in a new window when set to open in a new window.
- [x] [ln; logic dll] deleted events shows an error.
- [x] [sp; logic dll] Breadcrumbs for sub galleries has no trail back to higher galleries, only root.
- [x] [sp; logic dll] Photo slide show -> if going directly to the photo and the photo is not on page 1, you will not be able to use slideshow.
- [x] [sp] not search-able forum shows search box drop down.
- [o] [sp] Auto ban when set to 0 (disabled) has no effect.
- [x] [sp] able to post in moved message notice.
- [x] [Rad.skin] IE only: editor converts absolute URL to relative URL.
- [x] Admin news announcement typo - missing an "n" on the "entire announcement" selection.
- [x] Fix editor impossible to underline issue.
- [x] preview window unable to size big picture issue in IE and Opera.
- [x] stuck page behavior - back button is not functioning on tt.aspx.
- [x] ticket cannot be replied by admin.
- [x] flagging as inappropriate does not trigger message page reload.
- [x] Rating star stuck with already rated view.
- [x] cannot reply for mods and admin if last message is recycled (ln 444 at tm.aspx.vb)
- [x] deleted message causing error for SE bots; also recycled msg still shows + quick reply
- [x] password form and registration form password special characters issue
- [x] registration form does not validate user name when Check Availability is clicked
- [x] Mods do not see links for posts waiting for approval
- [x] profile page w/ invalid photo URL causing error
Back to top
- [x] [control dll] Upload progress bar (see tutorial)
- [x] [control dll] Paging button: add a "first" page link.
- [x] [control dll; Template] Additional Breadcrumb at the bottom of the message / forum page
- [x] [logic dll update] Configurable cutoff of subscription body in the admin CP.
- [x] [Template; ln; sp] download count for attachments.
- [x] [Template] "Friend" status marked on the message page.
- [x] [Regular.master; Menu] Add Today's posts to the forum menu. (regular + forummenu.js + new image)
- [x] [sp; ln] Search For drop down menu -> an additional No Reply (0 replies) selection.
- [x] [Template; sp; logic dll] Topic Type appears on the search result listing.
- [x] [Template; control dll; logic dll; ln] Adding back the message rating view for admins/mods.
- [x] [control dll; ln; skin] Reset Last Visit timestamp feature.
- [x] [Template; sp] Additional Feature to allow limiting the length of the message Subject line.
- [x] [Template] Search relevance score included in the result list.
- [x] [ln] password requirements notice on the registration form.
- [x] Open Full Version includes text already in the fast reply box.
- [x] partial quote in popup mode - highlight texts + click on the post / reply button = the highlighted texts automatically quoted.
- [x] Full Size Image upon clicked on in the gallery.
- [x] IP message item click - show text box to copy.
- [x] Expanded RSS - Today, home, Post Since last, etc. also feature RSS auto discovery.
- [x] Additional Preview button at the bottom of the post / PM sending / Admin Edit news page.
- [x] Jump Menu on the message page now features a link to jump back to the forum.
- [x] Empty Recycle bin delay notice plus the turn on/off switch.
- [x] Add entry for html tag in the PGDCode popup window for admins.
Back to top
- [x] Everything must now run under ASP.NET 3.5
- [x] Update to the latest Telerik Controls for performance and stability.
- [x] Change the menu system to the newest version - no longer relying on the old RadMenu
- [x] [control dll] allow copyright notice to be completely removed from the source code for the unbranded license, if needed.
- [x] [control dll; logic dll] improved script combine mechanism w/ built in compression and ETag support in combinedjs.ashx.
- [x] [logic dll] Improve PGDMail sending error handler.
- [x] [logic dll] Improves Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari's editor compatibilty.
- [o] [editor config files] change back to allow context menu due to an IE bug.
- [x] Breadcrumb in tt.aspx: change the logic to include sub-category in the breadcrumb.
- [x] Add external resource on server date time format. Reference to MSDN added.
- [x] additional button added to the custom registration field editor in the User Management section; apply validation to hidden button.
- [x] [control dll] improved caching on the Message and Message List ItemTemplates (easier to update the templates).
- [x] [ln; img] Photo Page Option now features DHTML Menu.
- [x] [ln; img] Public Profile Page Option now features DHTML Menu.
- [x] [template] Album title shows an icon to indicate drop dow menu available.
- [x] [template] Additional check for the LastUpdate column display logic for forums converted from other software.
- [x] [template] Announcement CSS Update to improve subject line visibility; Forum announcement don't show link if already displayed full.
- [x] [sp] Profile Photo pull random photo from the photo.
- [x] [sp; new index] message reading interface SP performance improvement.
- [x] [sp] Forum Permission propagation - should exclude forum image; Help file updated to include this info.
- [x] [sp] Search behavior - no wildcard search for regular search. Only includes wildcard when "less precise match"option is selected
- [x] email authentication password textbox changed to password textbox type.
- [x] adding an icon to the "Insert Tag" link in the PGDCode window to increase visibility.
- [x] New Popup window behavior available: minimize
- [x] [popup.master] Message # popup using DHTML instead
- message number,
- message forward,
- gallery forward,
- rating insertion,
- ticket message.
- [x] Profile editing confirmation uses DHTML popup.
- [x] [ln] "edit photo details" instead of "edit photo" for the galPhotoEditPhoto language string.
- [x] no PM link for those who choose not to receive PM.
- [x] [template] message list and search result page -> use datatable directly instead of using the objects for easy customization.
- [x] not requiring the Classic folder to be present anymore for those who wish to add forum theme.
- [x] [logic dll] server mappath behavior change to support virtual directory.
- [x] [Regular.master.vb; sp; db table] Redesigned PM popup notification mechanism - avoid action command destroying the popup.
post edited by Samuel -