Language Files for V3
The following is the interface language files for V3 as well as their compatible version:
Download the language files here.
- French V3.9 (thanks to Thomas Tran for correcting orthographical errors)
- Portuguese-Brazil V3.9
- Vietnamese V3.8
- Danish V3.9 (a bit incomplete)
Setting up multiple Languages for users
The international language system utilizes the Global Resources feature of ASP.NET and because of this all language files (.resx) are placed in the App_GlobalResources
folder. You will need to use Visual Studio to edit these files (easiest, but all text editor will do, as long as the edited files can be saved with UTF-8 encoding).
By default, there are 4 .resx files in the folder, and the only files that are of interest to you are:
- ln.resx: the default English language file;
- LanSetting.resx: the language setting file. There is only one string, LanguageSetting, in the file, and by default it defines the English language only.
To add more languages, for example, French (fr), you will need to
- Create an additional language file, ln.fr.resx, by copying the structure of the ln.resx file and translate each string to your language, or download the attached language files below. Make sure this new file is placed under the ~/App_GlobalResources folder;
- Update LanSetting.resx by changing the Value for the String LanguageSetting:
Update it to: en:English;fr:French;
Once the files are uploaded to your server, You will see both languages appear in the Forum Languages
drop down menu under user's forum Profile -> Additional Options section.
Repeat this process for other languages you wish to use.
Setting the Default Language for users
You can change the default language to French
by changing the following key under appSettings
Default: <add key="DefaultLang" value="en" />
Update it to <add key="DefaultLang" value="fr" />
And your users will see French being the default language for the UI for your forum.
post edited by Samuel -