Active Directory Membership Provider Integration
In order to use the Active Directory Membership Provider, you need complete the following steps:
- Update ~/config/appSettings.config:
<add key="EnableMembershipIntegration" value="true" />
The key is already defined. You just need to set the value to "true"
- In ~/web.config, provide the necessary AD connection information (info taken from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/g...2005/08/17/452905.aspx )
- Add a connection string pointing to the Active Directory store. The following example assumes that your fully-qualified domain name for the domain controller is win2k3.vstsb2.local, while the domain is vstsb2.local. The connection string section in web.config would then look like this:
<add connectionString="LDAP://win2k3.vstsb2.local/CN=Users,DC=vstsb2,DC=local" name="ADConnString"/>
- Then, add the following membership provider info inside system.web (note that this is a very simple implementation, and omits many of the optional attributes):
System.Web, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral,
attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" <!--sAMAccountName or userPrincipalName-->
You should be able to authenticate your user via the AD now.
Another expert info on AD configuration: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/d...2005/10/11/479941.aspx
- Download this tester to make sure your AD is set up correctly.
Installation: Download & unzip the files onto your forum's root dir, browse the aspx file and try logging in with the form provided by the tester.
, if you find it impossible to implement such integration because of the Username / Password requirement, or because you want users to be logged in automatically, here is an alternative method: Windows Authentication without AD membership provider
post edited by APGvNext (Sam) -